Neville has over 30 years of experience in the non-government education sector. He was the Principal of Yarra Valley Grammar from April 1997 to April 2009. This role consolidated his specialist expertise in all aspects of school management including strategic planning, Board and key stakeholder liaison, management and leadership of staff, as well as governance, policy and compliance matters.
Prior to 2009, Neville held other senior leadership positions at Yarra Valley Grammar including Head of Middle School, Deputy Principal and Acting Principal. Throughout his career, Neville has gained significant experience interacting with key stakeholder groups within a school community. He comprehensively understands and has an intimate knowledge of the challenges of educational leadership and the dynamics of school management. During his career, Neville has developed an extensive network of contacts in the education sector, a network including well-respected educational specialists and thought leaders in the education space.
In late 2008, Lyngcoln Consulting was founded by Neville. The company provides valuable services to a range of non- government schools in areas including Executive Recruitment, Strategic Planning and Governance Advice, Governance, Policy and Compliance Reviews, Leadership Performance and Issues Management, Mentoring, Organisational, Structural and Functional reviews and the provision of Interim Management.
Neville has served on several national and educational bodies:
- Chair in Victoria of Association of Heads of Independent Schools of Australia (AHISA) from 2005-2007
- Member of AHISA National Standing Committee 2005-2008
- Nominated by AHISA to Australian Principals Associations Professional Development Council (APAPDC) in 2005
- Member of Council 2005 and 2006 inclusive
- As AHISA nominee, elected by Board to position of Chair for 2007 and 2008
- Nominated by the Chairs / Presidents of the following peak teaching associations:
- Australian Primary Principals Association (APPA)
- Australian Secondary Principals Association (ASPA)
- Catholic Association of Secondary Principals (CASPA)
- Association of Heads of Independent Schools of Australia (AHISA) to be the first Independent Chair of Principals Australia (formerly APAPDC) for 2009-2010
- Current Honorary Member of AHISA
Bachelor of Education (Deakin University)